Monopoly networks perform an essential role in linking producers and consumers. In Australia their charges are regulated. Our expertise in this field spans regulatory and institutional design to advice on detailed implementation in the process of the determination of revenue/price controls.
In this area clients have engaged us to assist on:
- Arrangements for the determination of cost of capital;
- How regulators and consumers can engage more effectively;
- Regulatory asset valuation in Australia and elsewhere;
- The design of regulatory efficiency incentives
- Understanding and responding to regulator and service provider revenue proposals
- Develop proposals to change regulatory rules